Norman Bacal is a legend in Canadian law. Norm built & led one of Canada’s most prestigious law firms. He was also one of the most successful film finance lawyers in the country. He sat on the board of directors of a Hollywood studio and represented companies like Warner Bros, MGM, Sony, and Lionsgate.
Then, the firm collapsed and he re-invented himself as a bestselling author of Breakdown, speaker, and mentor to young lawyers (or just young professionals starting out).
In this episode, we talk about:
- How to get started in sales as a lawyer
- What being a vacuum salesperson taught Norm about selling as a lawyer
- Why “failing” 6 times with each client is part of the process
- The most important thing to do when you fall through the trapdoor in life
- The importance of a performance as a lawyer
- What it’s like to start from zero again
- and so much more!
This episode is for the books! Resources:
Help Us Out!
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen to your podcast)? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. We also love reading your reviews! Click here for the guide on how to do the reviews on every major platform. Thank you – we really appreciate it!
If you have any comments or would to join as a guest on our podcast, send us an email at [email protected]
Also available wherever you listen to your podcasts:
For more podcast links, go here.