Steven Werner went to law school for his JD, but ended up with a sales career instead. Not for just legal tech companies, but directly for law firms and attorneys.
He started helping attorneys book meetings with general counsels. Through his unique insights, sheer perseverance, and an ever expanding network, he soon started opening the doors for AmLaw 200 law firms into the offices of general counsels at leading companies across the US.
In this episode, we reflect back on his career over the decades to go over:
- Why do lawyers so often struggle with selling?
- How to initiate relationships with prospects?
- What are some of the best practices from the world of legal tech that attorneys need to adopt?
- Where marketing and business development divide and how to bridge the gaps?
If you’re looking to outsource building these relationships and getting someone to open doors for you, Steven just might be your person! Listen to this episode and learn about a unique approach to business development that can help your practice.
Sources we talked about:
- Steven on LinkedIn
- Check out IDEO for Design Thinking
Help Us Out!
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen to your podcast)? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. We also love reading your reviews! Click here for the guide on how to do the reviews on every major platform. Thank you – we really appreciate it!
- Join the next cohort of our Build Your Book Academy.
- Get the LinkedIn for Lawyers Course.
- The Authentic Lawyer Blog is filled with short emails sent bi-weekly with great ideas and voices to help you build your law practice your way. Read it, and subscribe to get new posts your way at blog.buildyourbook.org.
If you have any comments or would to join as a guest on our podcast or nominate someone, send us a note here.
Also available wherever you listen to your podcasts:
For more podcast links, go here.