Josh Calderon is running his law practice differently. He confronts the myths of being a solo-practitioner. He shares his revenue numbers publicly on LinkedIn. He gives us a playbook on how to do business development effectively even when you don’t have the family connections to open door for you.
Josh represents a new era of lawyers who practice with radical transparency.
In this episode we get into all the nitty gritty details such as:
- How to stand out from the competition…
- Why going narrow and deep is much better than being broad and shallow…
- What it takes to get your first $500 client, and then your $50,000 client…
- Why we need to embrace radical transparency to grow our practices…
- What mental blocks are and why they’re the most important thing to work on…
- The difference between working “on” vs. “in” your practice.
- The artist’s approach to building a law practice
Resources from this Episode:
Help Us Out!
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen to your podcast)? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. We also love reading your reviews! Click here for the guide on how to do the reviews on every major platform. Thank you – we really appreciate it!
- The Authentic Lawyer Blog is filled with short emails sent bi-weekly with great ideas and voices to help you build your law practice your way. Read it, and subscribe to get new posts your way at blog.buildyourbook.org.
If you have any comments or would to join as a guest on our podcast or nominate someone, send us a note here.
Also available wherever you listen to your podcasts:
For more podcast links, go here.