Laura Frederick left her job as in-house counsel at Tesla right before the pandemic to start her own firm in her 50s. As a single mom of 4 kids, she had to make this whole thing work.
This episode is about the lessons she learned along the way to not only survive, but thrive in this new paradigm.
Along the way, she built a thriving LinkedIn following of 17,000+ lawyers, an online academy, wrote a book.
Her secret is simple: start with generosity. This generosity has guided her relationships with clients, with friends, and so many more. Generosity is not only good for the heart, but good for business as well. This episode gets into how to do it all
In this episode, we learn about:
- Why security and freedom are not opposites, but part of the same equation…
- What it takes to thrive on LinkedIn…
- How to strengthen your connections before you need them…
- How to lead with generosity…
- The importance of small experiments…
- What to do with the imposter syndrome…
- Why you need vulnerability and authenticity to thrive…
- and more!
Laura’s Recommended Books:
Where to find Laura:
- On LinkedIn
- At Laura Frederick Law
- Get her book: Practical Tips on How to Contract
- Enroll for her course: How To Contract
- Email her at [email protected] or call her at 512-668-9906.
Help Us Out!
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen to your podcast)? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. We also love reading your reviews! Click here for the guide on how to do the reviews on every major platform. Thank you – we really appreciate it!
- The Authentic Lawyer Blog is filled with short emails sent bi-weekly with great ideas and voices to help you build your law practice your way. Read it, and subscribe to get new posts your way at blog.buildyourbook.org.
If you have any comments or would to join as a guest on our podcast or nominate someone, send us a note here.
Also available wherever you listen to your podcasts:
For more podcast links, go here.