This week, we’re joined by Giles Thompson from across the pond in London, UK. He’s a former city lawyer turned Head of Growth at Avvoka, where they’re doing incredible things in the world of document automation.
We get into his story of the things he had to learn, unlearn, and is in the process of learning.
These ideas include:
- using agile methodology to create change in incremental and systematic ways…
- the lessons to be learned and adapted about how the tech world works and how that applies to law…
- the process of selling to lawyers (what’s it like being on the other side)…
- why law firms and lawyers need to start thinking about customer experience before someone else does…
- and a lot more…
The idea is simple: if you can learn these ideas and adapt them from one of the most productive industries on the planet, you can set yourself apart massively! This conversation is unique because it’s from a lawyer who went into a business function at a startup and is creating waves in the industry.Lots to learn in this one!
Find Giles Thompson at:
Help Us Out!
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen to your podcast)? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. We also love reading your reviews! Click here for the guide on how to do the reviews on every major platform. Thank you – we really appreciate it!
- The Authentic Lawyer Blog is filled with short emails sent bi-weekly with great ideas and voices to help you build your law practice your way. Read it, and subscribe to get new posts your way at blog.buildyourbook.org.
If you have any comments or would to join as a guest on our podcast or nominate someone, send us a note here.
Also available wherever you listen to your podcasts:
For more podcast links, go here.