A teacher who becomes a lawyer. This is the story of Angela Han, an immigrant to the US who goes from feeling unwanted & unworthy to becoming someone who loves her work as a lawyer, a health coach, a life coach, and a mom. This is a deeply personal episode as Angela talks about her immigration story to the US, her turbulent start in the legal profession and what it takes to re-invent yourself.She’s been coaching women to reinvent their legal careers and we’re excited to have her on!In this episode, we discuss:
- How finding your passion often begins with finding your deepest pain.
- Why playfulness is so important in your career.
- What most people are missing when they want to change their life.
- The true cost of fear in your life.
- The importance of finding a powerful why and the process to do it.
- Transcending from “problem” thinking to “creating” thinking.
- When it makes sense to hire a personal career/life-skill coach.
- How to deal with the ego in the process of reinvention.
For us, the big lesson was about embracing the importance of creative thinking and playfulness. There is absolutely no question of deservedness.Have a vision. Take action. Go!
Books we discussed:
Help Us Out!
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen to your podcast)? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. We also love reading your reviews! Click here for the guide on how to do the reviews on every major platform. Thank you – we really appreciate it!
- The Authentic Lawyer Blog is filled with short emails sent bi-weekly with great ideas and voices to help you build your law practice your way. Read it, and subscribe to get new posts your way at blog.buildyourbook.org.
If you have any comments or would to join as a guest on our podcast or nominate someone, send us a note here.
Also available wherever you listen to your podcasts:
For more podcast links, go here.