A teacher who becomes a lawyer. This is the story of Angela Han, an immigrant to the US who goes from feeling unwanted & unworthy to becoming someone who loves her work as a lawyer, a health coach, a life coach, and a mom. This is a deeply personal episode as Angela talks about her immigration story to the US, her turbulent start in the legal profession and what it takes to re-invent yourself.She’s been coaching women to reinvent their legal careers and we’re excited to have her on!In this episode, we discuss:
- How finding your passion often begins with finding your deepest pain.
- Why playfulness is so important in your career.
- What most people are missing when they want to change their life.
- The true cost of fear in your life.
- The importance of finding a powerful why and the process to do it.
- Transcending from “problem” thinking to “creating” thinking.
- When it makes sense to hire a personal career/life-skill coach.
- How to deal with the ego in the process of reinvention.
For us, the big lesson was about embracing the importance of creative thinking and playfulness. There is absolutely no question of deservedness.Have a vision. Take action. Go!
Books we discussed:
The mission of this podcast and our work is to help lawyers create a great practice and a great life. To bring this to more people, we are launching an online academy to make our best coaching available to everyone, on-demand. Let’s reinvent the legal profession. If you’re interested in this, join our list by going on to buildyourbook.org and getting our free book in the meanwhile.